The Medicinal Chemistry graduate program at University of Utah is devoted to the education and training of students to become creative and independent investigators for positions in academic, industrial or government settings.
Toward this end the graduate curriculum is an interdisciplinary composition of courses covering the major areas of contemporary medicinal chemistry. Students seeking admission must hold at least a B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, or a related area.
- A plan of study and admission criteria for this degree are listed on the College of Pharmacy PharmD web site.
- A PharmD/PhD can be pursued if a student is accepted into the PharmD program and then is subsequently accepted into the Medicinal Chemistry PhD program.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Health Sciences Biochemistry View 69 other PhDs in Chemistry in United States
- An applicant for admission to The Graduate School must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration;
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program.
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.