As a student within this program, you will receive unsurpassed mentorship and training, and you’ll also benefit from a highly collaborative environment focused on integrative physiology.
- The Physiology PhD program at the Medical College of Wisconsin addresses the need to train integrative and systems physiologists. Indeed, research in physiology departments worldwide has changed from an emphasis on whole-animal studies to an orientation based on cellular and molecular research.
- Currently, few physiologists are being trained to conduct whole-animal research and to teach the traditional systems physiology required for the education of health professionals; our program considers this a high priority.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The PhD program is interdisciplinary both in course work and research (basic science and translational) to provide a strong foundation for a career in integrative physiology, and of equal importance, create a mindset and background that will enable the trainees to develop and/or move into new and evolving scientific fields.
- The major emphasis of the program is to provide state-of-the-art research training. This training will be obtained under the supervision by a team of our primary (NIH funded) Physiology mentors, and co-mentors from other basic science and clinical faculty.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Health Sciences Genetics View 32 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The academic record of the applicant, including undergraduate and graduate transcripts and graduate record examination scores
- The quality and extent of previous research experience, including publications
- Letters of recommendation, which support a commitment of the applicant to biomedical research
- The personal statement of the applicant describing career goals and the importance of this program to the achievement of those goals.
International1250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.