In our Doctor of Ministry program from Lipscomb University, the curriculum contains dual emphases of spiritual formation and missional theology. The challenging coursework helps you engage the questions of ministry in a local way, culminating in a doctoral-level research project to complete the degree.
- You will experience a community of fellow practitioners from diverse backgrounds who together are thinking critically about the church and its future.
- Be challenged in your own formational journey as a leader of your community and contribute a meaningful resource to the world of the church through your original research focused on the practices of ministry.
- Post-coursework research projects are required. During the first two years, 28 hours are theory and practice courses, and two hours are research specific.
- The third year covers the final six hours of the program and involves a practical, collaborative capstone project which addresses real research questions in authentic settings.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 4 other PhDs in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Application with $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation: one from a college or university administrator or professor, one from a professional supervisor/employer and one from a church leader or minister
- Official transcripts emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Graduate Admissions (One University Park Dr., Nashville, TN 37204)
- Bachelor's degree and a graduate degree in theology
- Undergraduate and graduate GPA of at least 2.75
- Completed health form
- 750-1,000-word essay discussing the applicant's religious heritage, career goals and how Hazelip School of Theology might contribute to the achievement of those pursuits
- Writing sample that illustrates appropriate writing skills (e.g. academic paper or a recently published article)
- Ministry Documentation
International12456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 346 USD per credit during 12 months.
National12456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 346 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.