The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Biochemistry at University of Houston will be awarded after students have successfully completed the following requirements.
- Students may satisfy the degree requirements by completing at least 54 approved credit hours; satisfactorily completing the laboratory rotations and formal graduate level course requirements including seminars; completing 3-12 credit hours of dissertation courses; and completing and defending a dissertation acceptable to the dissertation committee.
- All students must be continuously enrolled full time until the degree requirements are complete.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enzyme Catalysis and Kinetics
- Membranes/Signal Transduction
- Advanced Nucleic Acids
- Protein Structure and Function
- Grad Biochem Lab Rotation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 66 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In addition to the College of Natural Science and Mathematics Admission Requirements, applicants should have a Baccalaureate Degree (B.S.) in Biology, Biochemistry, or an equivalent discipline.
- Evaluation of applicants involves a broad range of criteria including undergraduate preparation, three letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and relevant scientific experience.
- GRE scores are optional.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.