Current number of academic staff: 4 (plus a visiting professor and associates in a number of other departments).
Current number of research students: 21.
Recent publications of Brazilian Studies Research at King's College London:
- The effects of participatory budgeting on municipal expenditures and infant mortality in Brazil
- Sugar and modernity in Latin America
- The embodied state: governmentality in a Brazilian favela
- Ditadura e Repressão [Dictatorship and Repression]
- Brazil’s Truth Commission: progress or perdition?
Current research projects:
- Representations of violence in Brazilian literature
- The geographies of religion and their connection to governance and globalization
- Relations between Britain and Brazil: from independence to the present day
- Border conflicts between Ceará and Piauí
- Patrimonialism and the Brazilian state
- The Institute is closely involved in the College’s key partnership with the University of São Paulo, as well as a number of other institutional and departmental partnerships in Brazil, with the possibility of research exchanges for postgraduate students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The King’s Brazil Institute offers a unique and exciting environment for the in-depth study of Brazil. The Institute is able to draw on academic expertise in a range of disciplinary departments across the College, and supervision may be provided from within the Institute or jointly with other staff of the College. Staff research interests include the following:
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 107 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- A Masters degree is usually required.
- In exceptional circumstances only, an undergraduate degree with 1st Class or high 2:1 honours degree will be considered.
International21870 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21870 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5820 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.