Students in the Molecular and Cellular Biology programme from Van Andel Institute Graduate School (VAIGS) receive in-depth training in the latest techniques across fields and disease areas, including epigenetics, genetics, cancer, neuroscience, metabolism, immunology, structural biology, bone biology and more.
- The Graduate School uses an innovative, problem-based learning approach that trains students to conduct high-caliber, rigorous science and to translate basic biological findings into clinical applications, blending discovery with invention and insight with application.
- Students also undergo extensive professional development in areas such as leadership, ethics, responsible and effective conduct of research, public speaking, and grant and technical writing.
- By the end of their time at the Graduate School, students are prepared to tackle science’s most pressing questions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical Perspectives in Molecular Biology
- Trenslational Research
- Responsible and Effective Conduct Of Research
- Journal Club
- Research in progress (RIP)
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To ensure full consideration for fall admission, applications should be received by December 1
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 82 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (B.A. or B.S.) degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university prior to enrollment
- Research experience
- Overall academic excellence
- TOEFL score
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members
- High competence in skills important to a career in scientific research
- A deep passion for understanding the mysteries of life and disease as well as a commitment to the improvement of health.
- Good character
International25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 USD per year during 60 months.
National25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Michigan City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.