By fostering a multidisciplinary approach, Materials Science and Engineering at Colorado State University program strive to endow students with the tools to strategically question current design paradigms and drive innovative materials and manufacturing solutions across a diverse range of technological sectors.
Motivated by modern materials challenges in energy, computing, transportation, impact protection, robotics, and global health care, MSE programs’ comprehensive, experiential training is designed to arm graduates with a modernized skill set tailored to confront those challenges head-on.
MSE degree programs are designed to engage students with:
- Active hands-on training in the latest materials characterization and computational methods, materials-focused intellectual property protection and technology transfer, and professional soft skill development.
- Enhanced educational opportunities promoted through industry partnerships, facilitating internships and class time spent in active commercial manufacturing labs.
- A diverse core of faculty mentors driving advances in controlling structure at the nanoscale, predictive property modeling, high performance metal, polymer and ceramic composites, photovoltaics, and additive manufacturing.
The overall objective of the Materials Science and Engineering Ph.D. is to develop students to be science and engineering professionals who use their multidisciplinary problem solving skills to address global challenges in the field of materials science and engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials Technology Transfer
- Materials Science & Engineering Methods: Materials Structure and Scattering
- Materials Science & Engineering Methods: Computational Materials Methods
- Mechanical Behaviors of Materials
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- Professional Development Seminar
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 29 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required. Training course transcripts from branches of the U.S. military that show credit received with neither grades nor degrees awarded are exempt from the transcript requirement.
- Test scores such as GRE or GMAT, if required by department, should be submitted with institution code 4075.
- Any other materials that individual departments or programs may require of applicants.
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30858 USD per year and a duration of .
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30858 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15130 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.