Faculty are active researchers and practicing psychologists who help you develop into a multiculturally aware researcher and clinician applying evidence-based practices.
- Our Counseling Psychology program at University at Albany enables you to pursue a professional career as a licensed psychologist in a variety of research, teaching, and practice settings including employment at research-oriented universities and colleges, community and college counseling centers, academic medical schools, Veterans Affairs medical facilities, and private practice.
- In your third year, you work more independently with clients in colleges, hospitals, residential treatment facilities, and community agencies during your advanced practicum in specialized procedures.
- Advanced Career Development or Theories of Career Development in Counseling Psychology
- Ethics and Professional Issues in Counseling Psychology
- Theory, Research, and Practice in Counseling Psychology
- Assessment in Counseling Psychology
- Group Counseling Research and Practice
- Multicultural Counseling
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Counselling View 36 other PhDs in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all schools attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- Statement of Goals
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.