Graduate research students work closely with their supervisors and enjoy regular meetings to discuss their progress. They also liaise with other members of staff with relevant research interests and are encouraged to attend and participate in departmental research presentations and other Institute seminars. There is a full induction for new graduate students on commencing their studies. Each full-time graduate research student is allocated their own workspace and computer; facilities for part-time students can be arranged according to their needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The academic statisticians carry out much collaborative and applied statistical research. Recent examples include:
- Predicting language development from early motor skills in at-risk infants who develop autism spectrum disorder;
- Mediation analyses of the PACE trial;
- Prediction of alcohol relapse in mothers;
- Trial of Prophylactic antibiotics after acute stroke for reducing pneumonia in patients with dysphagia;
- Methods for understanding mechanism in trials of parenting programmes;
- Latent Transition Analysis of mood subtypes in Parkinson Disease;
- Methodology for two-stage analysis of structural equation models
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Statistics View 87 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours (or international equivalent). A 2:2 degree may be considered only where applicants also offer a Masters with Merit (or international equivalents)
- Applicants may be intereviewed and will need to demonstrate at interview that their background and experience, general education and scholarship are appropriate.
- All applicants need to meet minimum English proficiency levels: see links to the right.
- Applicants not applying for an advertised studentship must attached confirmation of support from your proposed supervisor to your application.
International21870 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21870 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
National5820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5820 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.