If you are interested in joining us to undertake Computer Science Research PhD research at King's College London, you should identify topics and academic staff in your area of interest. If you cannot find your chosen topic or area on our individual research section or subgroup pages, contact a relevant member of academic staff for further information and then follow the application procedure.
This is a medium-sized department with many internationally recognised researchers and visiting academics, large groups of PhD students, research assistants, national and international projects, collaborations with other departments and the School as well as links with industry. We offer an exciting environment and excellent opportunities for research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureProgramme structure:
- The department provides MSc specialist courses that you can attend; School and College induction courses; a week of training per year in transferable and research skills and the opportunity to attend one week EPSRC sponsored courses on career prospects for research students. There is also a centrally provided programme of computing and related skills training.
- The research students are also encouraged to submit papers to conferences, and we try to provide financial support for them to travel to present their papers.
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 57 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- Bachelors degree with 2:1 honours degree in computer science or a closely related subject, and a good background in the area of intended research.
- Applicants who do not meet the undergraduate requirements but have or are currently studying an additional Masters with Merit in computer science or relevant subject may be considered.
International25570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25570 GBP per year during 72 months.
National5550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5550 GBP per year during 72 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.