Special research at Comparative Literature Research programme at King's College London focuses include: the afterlife of Greco-Roman antiquity in later Western literature; the tradition of melancholy from antiquity to 1800; modern Greek poetry; pain in African literature; gender and modern Chinese literature; space in the 19th century European novel; Palestinian and Israeli world literature; linguistics, philology and comparative literature.
Partner organisations: ongoing co-operation in research and student exchange takes place between the programme and the Department of English and Comparative Literature at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Joint PhDs available: Exciting opportunities to gain a joint PhD with the University of Hong Kong or National University of Singapore.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Current PhD topics include:
- Metonymy in ancient Greek and German poetry
- French critical thought and comparative literature
- The Bengali novel and representations of Africa
- Transnational modernisms
- Modern Chinese literary representations of the city
- Illness narratives in Arabic
- Domestic space in the European novel
- Palestinian and Arab-American speculative fiction
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesLiterature View 54 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Master of Arts degree with Merit and a minimum of 65% overall in a subject in which the study of literature plays a significant part; applicants must have the linguistic skills relevant to their research project, or be willing to develop them.
International20820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20820 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.