The Institute of Gerontology at King's College London is one of the leading gerontological research and teaching centres world-wide. Founded in 1986, the Institute is at the vanguard of multi-disciplinary research and teaching, acting as a bridge between the social and clinical sciences.The objectives of the Institute are to:
- Engage in state of the art research into the demographic, sociological, psychological, financial and institutional processes of adult ageing.
- Provide multidisciplinary, research-led education and research training for both clinical and social scientists, including practitioners in health, social care, government and the voluntary sector.
- Engage critically with social policy issues for the benefit of older people both nationally and internationally.
The Institute's inter-disciplinary nature is reflected in its broad research sponsorship base; it has received funding from UK Research Councils (i.e. ESRC, MRC, EPSRC & AHRB), from many of the charities concerned with the welfare of older people and from government (including the Department for Work and Pensions & the Department of Health).
Officially accredited/recognized by the Privy Council, King's College London (KCL) is a large (enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. King's College London (KCL) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The research is focused on three core areas:
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology Health Sciences View 55 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Master's degree in a subject appropriate to the research area.
International20820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20820 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
National5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
For information about fees and funding please visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/index.aspx
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.