Staff research of Geography Research at King's College London also ranges well beyond those groups and involves both individual scholarship and colleagues in other institutions as well as the department.
These groups operate through staff-funded research and PhD student collaboration on research projects.
The research themes provide the central focus of our international reputation centre on: cultural, political and social change in cities; urban governance and public policy in cities; urban sustainability; environment and development in low-income locations; monitoring and modelling of terrestrial environmental processes and investigations of the politics of environmental policy.
In addition, we have thematic research specialisms in historical geography, geographies of disability, architecture and the built environment, rural development, and remote sensing of the environment.
- To ensure that you develop the skills necessary to complete your research programme and fulfil your career goals, the Department will provide you with research training in accordance with the specific guidelines set out by ESRC for human geography and NERC for physical geography.
- During induction you will meet with your primary supervisor to assess your skills and training needs and design an individualised training programme for you, which is set out in a research plan that must be approved by the Departmental Postgraduate and Research Committee (PaRC).
- Although the specific training programmes provided for physical geography and human geography students differ somewhat, both use a variety of means, including lectures and practical classes, individual reading and study, and informally through discussion with other graduates.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography View 24 other PhDs in Geography in United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s degree with 1st class or 2:1 honours and/or a good master's degree
International20820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20820 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.