French Research at King's College London provides formal, subject-specific training and individual guidance on research methods, writing research proposals, applying for funding and presenting research papers.
Current students are working on topics across the whole range of French literary studies, and many of our recent PhD graduates have gone on successfully to academic posts or postdoctoral fellowships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructurePostgraduate training
- All MPhil/PhD students in their first year who have not studied literary theory are given the opportunity to attend all or part of the MA compulsory module: Reading Theory/Reading Practice, which looks at literary and critical theory through discussion of readings of literary texts, followed by discussions of key polemics and debates in critical theory.
- The students attend training sessions with specialist librarians at the British Library and the King's Maughan Library.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguages View 100 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- 2:1 first degree, usually in French (or in a combined honours degree including French)
- and a taught master's degree with an overall grade of at least Merit.
International21870 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21870 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National5820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5820 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.