The overarching aim of the Ph.D. Program in Sustainable Chemistry is to provide advanced training in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Chemical Engineering, fostering the integration of sustainability concepts and practices into solutions to the present technical, societal, environmental and scientific problems, shaping the next generation of leaders in Sustainable Chemistry, that will add value to the scientific knowledge generated in Portugal.
Besides promoting cutting-edge Science, the Ph.D. Program in Sustainable Chemistry, fosters the integral student’s education by creating opportunities for developing transversal skills in system’s engineering, leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship, and ethical practices concerning Science and its application to the benefit of society.
The Ph.D. Program in Sustainable Chemistry ensures that the candidates:
- Have the capacity to develop a systematically understanding of new situations, and wider and multidisciplinary contexts, in the various areas of Sustainable Chemistry;
- Have skills that allow the integration of basic knowledge and cutting-edge technology;
- Are able to conceive, design and develop research in Sustainable Chemistry, choosing the methods that allow solving complex problems, in new situations or in contexts requiring the the use of multidisciplinary knowledge;
- Produce original and competitive research, meeting the international requirements and standards, whose results are published, or submitted for publication, at least partially, in recognised journals with independent revision;
- Are able of analyzing in a critical way the obtained results, appraise and summarize new complex situations, providing solutions and taking decisions in situations of limited or incomplete information, assessing their fitness;
- Are able to communicate Sustainable Chemistry knowledge, and the rational behind conclusions, to specialists and non-specialists, in clear and unambiguous way;
- Use knowledge or research results, be able to provide examples of the link between knowledge and technology, and rationalize the relevance of both for the social, cultural and technological progress.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular and Macromolecular Characterization Techniques
- Sustainable Technologies and Processes
- Advanced Topics
- Communication Skills and Elements of Ethics and Deontology
- Product Design and Sustainable Materials
- Research Laboratory Project
- Entrepreneurship Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 3 other Masters in Biochemistry in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 48 months.
National2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Aveiro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.