Graduate Profile from the Biorefineries programme at Universidade de Aveiro
- To have a thorough knowledge of the chemistry of biomass;
- To know the most common technologies for extraction and separation of biomass components;
- To know the main technology platforms for the conversion of biomass into a product port-folio;
- Ability to conceive, design, adapt and carry out scientific research, contributing to the production and installation of new products or processes, subject to legal requirements and respecting the highest ethical and academic quality and integrity;
- Effective Capacity (documented by the very activity developed) to conduct original research that require disclosure in publications prior assessment systems;
- Ability of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Communication skills with peers, the academic community and society in general;
- Ability to promote technological progress in academic or professional context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry and Morphology of Plant Biomass
- Biorefinery and Biomass Chemical Conversion
- Innovation And Entrepreneurship
- Organizational Performance Evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biology View 9 other PhDs in Chemical Engineering in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master level degree, or legal equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related areas
- Foreign higher education degree in Chemical Engineering or related areas awarded on completion of a 2nd cycle study programme organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Aveiro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.