Advanced Materials and Materials Design from Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava students are invited to participate in international and/or relevant domestic research projects. In agreement with the scientific orientation of the Institute of Materials Science, CAMBO, and with themes of own theses, the students suggest research concepts, prove them experimentally with unique laboratory equipment, perform modelling and simulations of investigated processes, and analyse inventively obtained results. Outputs are mostly scientific papers in CC and/or impacted journals.
The graduates find jobs either in R&D departments of production companies or in research teams established at universities or SAS. They are competitive to reach post-doc positions at famous foreign institutions of materials research.
- Advanced Materials Preparation Technology
- Advanced Technology
- Modern Materials Preparation Technology
- Methods of materials characterization
- Construction Materials
- 48 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Design General Engineering & Technology View 8 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Slovakia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply for the PhD. study, the applicant must have accomplished the second stage of the engineering (Master) study.
- Document certifying graduation from a previous level of study (university diploma)
- Attested copy of Diploma Supplement
- Attested copy of State Exam Certificate
- Covering letter
- Europass - Curriculum vitae.
- Confirmation of payment for material part of admission procedure.
- Applicants for English-language study will enclose to the application a language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS).
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bratislava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.