Graduates of the Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability - Climate and Environmental Change program of the Northern Arizona University will:
- improve projections of climate change and its impacts on ecosystems and their ecological, hydrological and geological underpinnings
- inform policy decisions about how best to manage natural resources under changing climate and related environmental stresses.
This emphasis often combines the long-term perspective from geological archives with process-oriented investigations of today, with the goal of integrating a field-based understanding of natural systems into predictive models to support sustainable resource management in the face of climate change.
- The Environmental Science-Policy Interface
- Regional Topics in Earth and Environmental Science and Policy
- Research Methods in Earth and Environmental Science
- Plant Ecology
- Ecology And Management Of Introduced Species In Forests And Rangelands
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall - Space available basis: July 31
- Spring - Space available basis: November 30
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 31 other PhDs in Earth Sciences in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent
- GRE revised General Test
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- Personal statement or essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
International25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
National25708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25708 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.