The aim of education at the Doctoral School is to develop highly qualified specialists demonstrating research and creative autonomy, creativity, professional ethics, didactic competences and high activity in the field of artistic and / or design activities;
1. The curriculum creates conditions for the development of creative, research and social competences at the highest level, allowing for:
- conducting independent artistic and research or design-research activities respecting the public ownership principle for the results of scientific activities and taking into account the principles of intellectual property protection,
- planning and implementing individual and team research and creative ventures, becoming a part of an international artistic and scientific discourse,
- inspiring and supporting the development of others, by mastering the skills necessary to conduct classes with the use of modern methods and tools.
- advanced knowledge in the field of artistic and / or design activities,
- broad skills related to the methodics and methodology of the business,
- social competences in the field of creative and didactic practice.
The Academy is accredited by the Polish Accreditation Committee (PKA) –the only statutory body in Poland responsible for assessment of quality of education provided by higher education institutions. All four faculties got positive accreditation, the Faculty of Graphics and Media Art obtained accreditation with distinction.
- On the basis of the Framework Curriculum, participants of the Doctoral School are obliged to prepare, in cooperation with the supervisor, an Individual Research Plan, including the topic and scope of the doctoral dissertation and the planned schedule for the implementation of its individual elements, including an indication of the planned date of submitting the final dissertation.
- The implementation of the Individual Research Plan takes place as part of a) a doctoral seminar, under the supervision of a supervisor and optionally under b) a supplementary seminar, under the direction of a second supervisor or an ancillary supervisor.
- As part of the supplementary seminar, doctoral students may broaden their knowledge and develop skills in solving complex and unconventional scientific and artistic problems of an interdisciplinary nature.
The Doctoral School offers 12 places per year. Candidate needs to hold an MA, MFA of equivalent degree. Candidates are required to confirm the English language knowledge at B2 level with an appropriate certificate or a diploma confirming knowledge of English at least at B2 level of the language proficiency.
The Curriculum covers 555 hours of organized classes, consisting of:
- individual lessons module (255 hours)
- group activities module (300 hours)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- MA or MFA diploma;
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
No tuition fees. Only Scholarships.
Living costs for Wroclaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.