In this Construction and Project Management MPhil/PhD programme from University College London (UCL), students chose their own topic, and research topics tend to fall into the broad areas of management, economics and finance of the built environment. Research can focus upon the current conditions or can adopt a historical perspective, and can be qualitative and/or quantitative in nature.
The University welcomes PhD and MPhil proposals from outstanding applicants related to the above research topics. The research degrees of PhD and MPhil are awarded for the most advanced level of study available at UCL. The aim is to make an original contribution to knowledge leading to the enhancement of academia and practice.
Many of our PhD students have secured academic positions in top universities and jobs as leading practitioners in major organisations of the private and public sector.
The programme is intended to supply graduate PhD students with expertise in areas including economics and finance of the built environment, management of project enterprises and project-based networks.
Programme StructureResearch areas:
- Management, such as innovation, leadership, organisations, culture, strategy related to projects. enterprises and the construction industry.
- Economics and finance, related to construction, real estate, property development, infrastructure, climate change, sustainability.
- Data analytics, such as big data, building information modelling, social networks, building services.
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places.
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering View 18 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- Research applicants will normally be required to hold a first or upper-second class Bachelor’s degree from a UK university in an appropriate subject, or a recognised taught Master’s degree. Overseas qualifications of an equivalent standard from a recognised higher education institution are also accepted.
- Two references of which at least one should be academic
- Academic transcripts provided in English and in electronic format
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Application fee
International23350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23350 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5690 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £2,845/year
- Overseas: £11,860/year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.