- The Department of Economics at the University of Illinois at Chicago offers courses and practical training leading to the Doctor of Philosophy in Economics.
- Microeconomic Theory
- Labor Economics
- Development Economics
- International Monetary Policy
- Time Series Econometrics
- Health Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 40 other PhDs in Finance in United States
- Baccalaureate Field Applicants must have a BA or BS to matriculate, but an undergraduate degree in economics is not required. Prior academic work should include three semesters of calculus, as well as linear algebra, statistics, intermediate microeconomic theory, and intermediate macroeconomic theory.
- Letters of Recommendation Three letters are required.
- Personal Statement and Resume/CV A personal statement and a Resume/CV are required.
- Writing Sample A writing sample is required.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7227 USD per year during 24 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.