The Nursing program from University of Missouri–St. Louis is dedicated to the advancement of the knowledge and science of nursing, the stewardship of the profession, and educating new nurse researchers.
We are glad of your interest in the PhD Program. The goals of our collaborative time together are to:
- Develop expertise and knowledge to establish a program of research and scholarship.
- Translate nursing research into practice and policy to improve health and healthcare systems.
- Provide leadership to effect change in healthcare practice, policy, and education issues by collaboration and partnerships.
- Collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
- Improve the healthcare quality of life, individuals/families/communities regionally, nationally and internationally.
At UMSL College of Nursing’s PhD program, we transform lives. Faculty will assist you to accomplish the following:
- Analyzing information and research methods
- Synthesizing theories from nursing, natural, or behavioral sciences for application
- Synthesizing published research
- Conducting one in-depth research study, the dissertation
In summary, the PhD curriculum is fully online (95% asynchronous and 5% synchronous) in nursing science, theory, research, statistics, and cognates that may be taken throughout the University of Missouri system. Some courses also have a face-to-face option for international students and other students with special needs. The PhD culminates in the student’s design, implementation, and completion of dissertation research under supervision of the graduate faculty. Dissertations demonstrate scientific competencies and a contribution to the discipline and practice of nursing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Determinants of Health
- Development of the Nurse Scientist
- Healthcare Policy
- Nursing Science & Theory
- State of the Science
- Design and Methods
- Mixed Methods in Healthcare
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
After January 15, rolling admissions until class is full.
DisciplinesNursing Health Management Health Sciences View 9 other Masters in Health Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Provide official transcripts from all previous institutions
- Have graduated from a nationally accredited baccalaureate or master's nursing program with a 3.25 minimum GPA (4.0 scale)
- Obtain two letters of reference focusing on past academic achievement or capacity to accomplish future research or scholarship
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.