The PhD in Design, Architecture and Building from University of Technology Sydney is awarded to candidates who, through original investigation, make a distinct and significant contribution to knowledge in their field of specialisation.
Candidates are required to complete a thesis, under the supervision of appropriate members of academic staff. A formal course of study or other work may also be prescribed.
Candidates are required to submit, in consultation with their supervisor(s), a progress report at the end of each session, and to complete a doctoral assessment and seminar.
Candidates are also invited to participate in other research activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Course completion requirements:
- PhD Thesis: Architecture
- PhD Thesis: Built Environment
- PhD Thesis: Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Design View 5 other PhDs in Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master's by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33010 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16505 AUD per semester during 48 months.
- For this course, the cost per session is $16,505.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- CSC UTS PhD scholarship
- International Research Scholarship
- International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP)
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS President's Scholarship
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.