Emphasizing a sociocultural perspective, the program nurtures innovative ways of knowing, methods of inquiry, and approaches to problem-solving. Students can choose to focus their studies in a variety of areas including:
- Bilingual Education & English Language Learners
- Children’s & Young Adult Literature in a Diverse World
- Diversity & Social Justice in Education
- Early Childhood Education: Family & Community Studies
- Environmental and Sustainability Education
- Indigenous Studies, Education, and Language
- Literacies for a Multilingual Multimodal World
- Mathematics & Science Education
- Teaching & Teacher Education for Social Justice
All areas highlight social justice, equity, and diversity in education. The Teaching, Learning, and Sociocultural Studies program from University of Arizona serves students interested in research, teaching, and leadership positions upon graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language and Culture in Education
- Reading and Writing in Bilingual and Second Language Settings
- Curriculum & Instruction in Bilingual & Second Language Settings
- Multicultural Literature and Literacy
- Issues in Language, Reading and Culture: Anthropology of Childhood
- Issues in Language, Reading and Culture: Language Socialization Across Cultures
- Immigration and Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Pedagogy Teaching View 14 other PhDs in Pedagogy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Earned master’s degree
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Statement of aligned interests and goals with a demonstrated scholarly orientation.
- Official transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of English Proficiency (International students)
- 3 letters of recommendation for scholarly work
- Evidence of scholarly aptitude.
1-3 years post-bacc practical experience relative to area of program interest (e.g., - teacher, education-related position in a relevant community organization, position in informal education setting, Peace Corp.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.