The UA Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering offers several PhD, MS and MEng degrees, plus multiple graduate certificates. Concentrate your studies within the department’s globally significant research focus areas. Personalize your plan of study, and pursue your interests in systems engineering, industrial engineering or engineering management.
Career opportunities for graduates of the Systems and Industrial Engineering program at University of Arizona are outstanding. Over the years, graduates from these programs have found employment in the nation's leading corporations, research institutes, and universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Plan of Study is the student's contract with the university concerning specific course requirements that the student must satisfy before becoming eligible for the PhD degree.
- This includes a minimum of 54 units of course work, at least 36 of which must be SIE-type courses approved by the faculty advisor and the Graduate Studies Committee, plus at least 18 units of dissertation research.
- In addition, at least 21 units of the course work must be taken from the SIE Department.
- At most 3 units of independent investigation may also be included, provided the study covers a topic not available through normal courses, a tangible course project is submitted to the Graduate Studies Committee, and prior approval is obtained from the Graduate Studies Committee.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 117 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To be considered for admission to the Doctoral program, the candidate must have attained a Bachelor's in Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field. Other factors that will be considered are as follows:
- GPA in previous undergraduate work of at least 3.25 and graduate work of at least 3.50
- Letters of recommendation
- GRE scores of at least 500 verbal, 750 quantitative, and 700 / 5.0 analytical are expected. In addition, international students should submit TOEFL scores (at least 575) and TSE scores (at least 50).
- A match between faculty and student interests
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of .
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of .
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.