Graduates of the Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences program from University of Arizona have a broad base of knowledge about human communication sciences and disorders and significant in-depth preparation in their special areas of concentration within the discipline.
The Department encourages diversity among applicants to the program and develops programs of study for individual students. Each student’s program is designed in consultation with the student’s program committee, and each doctoral student goes through a rigorous mentoring process involving the major professor selected by the student.
In addition, each student engages in a range of research experiences with members of the faculty of the University, both inside the Department, but also outside of it. It is expected that students will engage in scholarly, publishable research endeavors throughout their course of study at the University of Arizona.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive Science
- Judgement and Decision Make
- Psychology of Instruction
- Education Tests & Measurement
- Select App Statistical Method
- Multi Meth Education Res
- Issues in Education Psych
- Meas Issues is Epidemiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Languages Special Education View 19 other PhDs in Communication Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UA Graduate College Application
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (Graduate College requirement)
- A personal statement (single-spaced) that addresses the following:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Three Letters of Recommendation from people who can comment on your academic skills and your clinical and research potential.
- We recommend that at least two letters be from faculty members.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities that you attended.
- A sample of scholarly writing, such as a thesis, report of directed research, term paper, or publication.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.