The Department of Spanish and Portuguese offers a Ph.D. with a Spanish - Hispanic Linguistics degree at The University of Arizona.
Admission to all graduate programs requires the completion of a bachelor's degree with a major in the proposed field of study. Admission to the doctoral program in Spanish is dependent upon the completion of a Master of Arts degree in Spanish at the University of Arizona or elsewhere.
For questions regarding the graduate programs, please contact either the Director of Graduate Studies or the Program Coordinator of the Graduate Studies Program.
- Development of Spanish Medieval, Renaissance, and Golden Age Literature
- Medieval Literature, Renaissance, and Golden Age Literature
- Development of 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st-Century Spanish Literature
- 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st Century Spanish Literature
- Development of Spanish-American Literature: Pre-Columbian Period to Independence
- Spanish-American Literature: Pre-Columbian Period to Independence
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 49 other PhDs in Linguistics in United States
- The applicant must hold, or anticipate completing by the time of admission, an M.A. degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or the equivalent degree from a university outside the U.S., have a minimum grade point average of 3.4 on a 4-point scale in the M.A. in Spanish, and meet the general requirements of the Graduate College.
- Three letters of reference, at least one of which must be from a professor who did not serve on the student's M.A. examination committee
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of purpose written in Spanish by the student
- A writing sample in Spanish
- Graduate College Online Application
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 60 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.