Graduate students receive small-group mentoring and support from experienced and committed teachers throughout their first year, with continued support throughout their time teaching in the program. We facilitate opportunities for research assistantships across the university as well.
Graduate students in Rhetoric, Composition and Teaching of English at University of Arizona are often distinguished for their public engagement and action-oriented research, published scholarship, and innovative teaching. They have been selected as Carson Scholars, Crossroads Collaborative Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, and Scholars for the Dream.
Our graduate students are often recognized for their teaching and have received a range of teaching and research awards including the 1885 Dissertation Fellowship Award, the Centennial Achievement Award, the Marshall Foundation Fellowship, and the Patrick Dissertation Award. RCTE dissertation projects are broadly engaged and interested in social change and justice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- rhetorical history and theory,
- composition pedagogy,
- writing program administration,
- community literacy
- social justice pedagogy and leadership, comparative technologies of writing, labor practices and administration for diverse environments, strategies for sustaining languages and literacies among diverse populations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Teaching View 61 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Vita;
- Statement of Purpose;
- Unofficial copy of transcripts for all colleges attended, to be uploaded into online application. Hard copies are required only upon admittance;
- Three academic letters of recommendation (your recommenders will be able to submit their letters through the online application system);
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Subject test is not required. Ask that your scores be sent to Institution Code #4832;
- A writing sample, preferably a paper in rhetoric and/or composition.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.