A number of interdisciplinary research and training programs are also available under the Biochemistry Ph.D. program including, Biological Chemistry Program, Biological Physics Program, Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biological Physics Program, Applied Math, and the IGERT Program in Comparative Genomics and others.
The Doctor of Philosophy with a major in biochemistry from University of Arizona is primarily a research degree. The number and selection of courses is tailored to the individual student's needs and interests according to the guidelines available from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. A dissertation based upon original laboratory research is required. All students must pass a series of written examinations, a comprehensive examination and a final oral defense examination.
Chemistry and Biochemistry
The Arizona Biological and Biomedical Science Program (ABBS) integrates recruiting and admissions for the following graduate PhD programs: Biochemistry and Molecular & Cellular Biology, Cancer Biology GIDP, Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Drug Discovery and Delivery, Genetics GIDP, Immunobiology, Medical Pharmacology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiological Science GIDP, and The School of Plant Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Course Work for the first semester is chosen in consultation with the GPC and is based on the projected Program of Study and performance on the Qualifying Exams. All students are expected to attend Journal Club as well as Departmental Colloquia.
- Course Work for the second semester is based on the projected Program of Study. All students are expected to attend Journal Club as well as Departmental Colloquia. A second and third chance to pass three qualifying exams will occur at the start and end of this semester
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Biochemistry View 100 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Three letters of recommendation. One of the letters must come from your research advisor. These letters should be submitted by your referees using the online system.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended or are currently attending. Transcripts should be uploaded in your online application.
- A brief Statement of Purpose, describing your past research experiences, goals, teaching experience and why you want to attend The University of Arizona.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of .
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of .
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.