- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a subfield related to planetary sciences (minor);
- demonstrate ability to design, conduct, and document an independent research project that generates results that can be published in the peer-reviewed literature;
- effectively evaluate the scientific literature essential to the research area and articulate how the research is related to and advances the discipline;
- effectively communicate their research to peers and colleagues (e.g. peer-reviewed literature, national or international conferences and workshops, and seminars);
- effectively communicate their science to a broader audience, including its basic aspects to a lay person.
The Department of Planetary Sciences offers multidisciplinary programs leading to the Ph.D. program in Planetary Sciences at University of Arizona with a major in planetary sciences. Areas of specialization include, but are not restricted to, the experimental, observational, and theoretical study of planetary atmospheres; the interiors of planets and planetary satellites; asteroid and cometary astronomy and physics; meteoritics; problems of plasma physics associated with cosmic rays; the solar wind and its interaction with solar system bodies; celestial dynamics; solar physics; and investigations of the formation of the solar system and other planetary systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Planetary sciences includes, but is not limited to,
- the science of the Sun,
- planets and their moons,
- other Solar System objects,
- and objects orbiting other stars;
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 45 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- General GRE score is required; subject GRE test score is recommended but not required
- University of Arizona/PTYS graduate application
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official college transcript(s)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.