Our faculty use innovative research techniques and experimental approaches from molecular to human studies.
Physiologists are at the frontier of biomedical research and many of our discoveries and techniques are rapidly translated into clinical breakthroughs for diseases. Physiology is the study of all molecular, cellular and organ level processes that support the life of an organism.
Physiological Sciences Program at the University of Arizona graduates can enter careers in academia, industry, and government. Our faculty are nationally recognized scientists, with expertise in professional development and with nationally recognized mentoring awards. We have an ethnically and educationally diverse student body, and offer both a PhD and a Research based Masters program (with funded Teaching Assistanships). Our program includes 60 faculty members from 19 departments, across 6 Colleges at the University of Arizona, and students have opportunities to work with scientists in clincial departments in the College of Medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cellular and Molecular Physiology
- Systems Physiology
- Physiology Seminar
- Scientific Writing Strategies
- Teaching Workshop
- Laboratory Rotation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 54 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Start in Spring: only for UArizona MD/PhD students, please contact program coordinator for dates
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences View 188 other Masters in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Prior to applying to the Physiological Sciences Program at the University of Arizona, please ensure that you have the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university that grants degrees recognized by the University of Arizona.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.000 for the most recently completed 60 units of coursework.
- Undergraduate courses in the basic sciences, however deficits in one area can be made up during the early phase of training if they are offset by strengths in other areas. Undergraduate coursework in the following is recommended:
- 2 semesters of coursework in the life sciences
- 2 semesters of inorganic chemistry with labs (biochemistry is strongly recommended)
- 1 semester of mathematics (preferably calculus)
- 2 semesters of physics with lab
- Prior experience in a research laboratory is highly desirable althought not required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 54 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 54 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 54 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.