Students of the PhD in Nursing at University of Arizona may enter the PhD level of graduate study as a post-BSN student, as a student who has attained the master's degree in nursing or a student who has attained a DNP. The PhD program is online with both part-time and full-time options.
The College of Nursing at the University of Arizona offers a variety of programs at the graduate level. Programs are available for students pursuing a first degree in nursing, as well as students interested in advancing in the professional as leaders, advanced practice nurses, and nurse researchers. Please visit the College of Nursing's website for detailed information about our college, faculty and programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There are limits on coursework that can be counted toward more than one degree earned by the student at the University of Arizona or elsewhere.
- If a student counts credits from a UA master's degree towards a UA Ph.D., then additional transfer credit may be limited to ensure that some UA coursework is taken while in the doctoral program. Thesis credits used for a master's degree cannot count toward the Ph.D. course credit requirements.
- Up to 30 units of credit counted toward one or more master’s degrees earned at UA or elsewhere may be counted toward the Ph.D requirements.
- No course may be counted toward the requirements for more than two degrees (earned at UA or elsewhere).
- No course counted toward a bachelor’s degree may be counted toward Ph.D requirements.
- A student earning two UA doctoral degrees may use up to 9 units of coursework toward both doctoral degrees (as long as courses were not used toward any other degree).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 41 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Three recommendations attesting to the applicant’s potential to succeed in doctoral study. Recommendations will be submitted electronically through the University of Arizona Graduate College online application.
- Current nursing license
- Completion of the online University of Arizona Graduate College Application.
- Resume/CV: Please use this CV template to help identify key areas our faculty look for during the admissions process.
- Applicant-Faculty mentoring match
- Additional documentation will be required if offered admission into the program.
A brief telephone interview is required of top applicants.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 36 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.