In the conducting emphasis concentrations are available in choral or instrumental/orchestral conducting.
The Musical Arts - Performance degree at University of Arizona can be earned with emphases in music education, music theory, or musicology. According to the National Association of Schools of Music, graduate education in music should foster and develop (1) those talents, interests, and philosophies that preserve and extend our cultural heritage; (2) professional competence in the communication and dissemination of knowledge; and (3) individuals with the potential to solve contemporary problems in various aspects of music
The internationally-recognized music faculty includes scholars, composers, and performers. Students work individually with faculty members in small seminars and tutorials, in informal studio and coaching sessions, and in intensive consultations relating to the preparation of theses, dissertations, and performance projects. The School of Music and the College of Fine Arts possess considerable resources to foster intellectual and artistic development, and the intellectual diversity of the university as a whole provides a stimulating environment and invites interdisciplinary inquiry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Lessons
- Large Conducted Ensemble
- Large Conducted Ensemble (or Coached Ensemble or Small Conducted Ensemble (guitar & harp only)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 17 other Masters in Music History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Academic achievements are one indicator of personal commitment to the chosen discipline and to the highest possible standards of scholarly and creative performance.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.00 is required by the Graduate College of the UA for regular admission to all graduate programs.
- Applicants for master's degrees must have a bachelor's degree in music or its equivalent as determined by the FFSOM Director of Graduate Studies and faculty. Applicants for doctoral degrees must have a master's degree in music or its equivalent as determined by the FFSOM Director of Graduate Studies and faculty.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 36 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.