In keeping with the broad spectrum of research within SGPP, the PhD Government and Public Policy program from University of Arizona offers concentrations in the four major subfields of American Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, Public Administration and Policy, and courses in Political Philosophy, and Methodology.
The SGPP faculty welcomes talented candidates from a variety of academic backgrounds. While a prior degree in political science or public administration is not necessary, it is strongly recommended that applicants have completed at least some course work in related fields and subjects.
The School of Government and Public Policy considers graduate training and mentorship to be one of its primary objectives. We invite you to learn more about our program by viewing the information provided on this website or by contacting us directly. We think that you will find our Ph.D. program to be one of the strongest in the nation.
School of Government and Public Policy
The School of Government and Public Policy was formed in 2009 by combining two highly ranked programs – Political Science and Public Administration and Policy - and bringing them under a single roof. Located in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, SGPP is one of the largest schools at the University of Arizona and is uniquely situated to serve as a new model for public affairs education by promoting high-caliber research, teaching, community outreach, and civic leadership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students must develop expertise in the subject matter of one of the subfields covered by the School.
- Students must also develop expertise in a minor field of study. The student may select a minor from among those offered in the School or from any appropriate PhD minor offered at the University of Arizona.
- Maintain an overall grade point average of no less than 3.5 in all graduate course work (calculated at the end of each year).
- Minimum requirements are; six semesters of full-time graduate study; 36 units of coursework in the major subject area, 9 units in the minor subject area, and 18 units of dissertation. Most students complete 100+ units.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 25 other Masters in Political Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Standardized Tests
- Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
- Standardized Tests
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.