Established in 1977, the Center for the Study of Higher Education offers flexible, interdisciplinary, and individualized master of arts and doctor of philosophy degree programs with concentrations in comparative higher education, organization and administration, college access, and student affairs.
The Center's work is distinguished by:
- A commitment not just to improving practice, but also to educational changes that enhance the realization of social justice in higher education.
- A consideration of how developments in the political economy shape and are expressed in the restructuring of higher education settings, professions, and practices.
- An exploration of the international/global dimensions, issues, and agencies related to higher education, with particular attention devoted to the Americas.
A Diverse, Supportive, Challenging Intellectual Community
Each year we matriculate around ten (10) Ph.D. students and twenty (20) M.A. students. The life experience and perspectives of the 90-100 students enrolled here flavor our program. A high proportion of our students are accomplished professionals and we value the practical experience and organizational skills they bring.Ours is a diverse, supportive, challenging intellectual community. Over two-thirds of our students are women, over 20 percent are students of color, and over one-third are students of color. Many are first-generation students. This diversity enriches our community and work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qualitative Methods
- Research Design
- Higher Education in the United States
- Organization and Administration in Higher Education
- Higher Education Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 171 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed Master's Degree
- Experience in Higher Education and/or Leadership
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Preferred GPA of 3.5
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.