The Ph.D. Chemical and Biochemical Engineering degree at University of Maryland Baltimore County is substantially heavier in research compared with the M.S. degree and is geared towards successfully mastering a body of skills and knowledge in preparation for a career as an independent scholar.
This degree is recommended for those who expect to engage in a professional career in research, teaching, or technical work of an advanced nature.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Methods of Engineering Analysis
- Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Kinetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Biochemistry View 118 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a minimum of 21 coursework beyond the bachelor’s degree, including core curriculum
- Minimum of 18 credit-hours of doctoral dissertation research (ENCH 899)
- 3 credits of Pre-Candidacy Doctoral Research (ENCH 898) and passing a qualifying exam
- Successful preparation and defense of a dissertation proposal
- Public defense of the doctoral dissertation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1132 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1132 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1132 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1132 USD per credit and a duration of .
In-State659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.