An admitted Information Systems doctoral student at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) is strongly encouraged to identify a mentor by the end of the first semester in the program. All doctoral students must have a mentor and a tentative committee by the end of their second semester in the program. Doctoral students are also expected to attend all research seminars, doctoral proposals and dissertation defenses, and any colloquia with guest speakers as part of their learning experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The student's mentor can add more course requirements to the ones below depending on the student's level of competence, research productivity, and progress.
- Doctoral students must complete the required two (2) methodology courses during their first year of study.
- In addition, doctoral students must take 5 area courses.
- All doctoral students must take two Independent Studies.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Business Information Systems View 11 other PhDs in Business Information Systems in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The majority of successful applicants have an undergraduate GPA well above 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- The IS Ph.D. program builds on an understanding of the design, development, analysis, and use of computer-based information systems. Successful applicants will have demonstrated aptitude and/or interest in one or more of these areas. In addition, applicants should have or be willing to acquire the necessary competence in some of the following areas depending on their research concentration: statistical analysis, experimental design, programming, databases and data mining, computational analysis, in order to conduct sophisticated research at the doctoral level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
National23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
In-State14814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14814 USD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.