Students enrolled in this Special Education program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas gain an understanding of philosophy and theory as they relate to the conduct of research and program evaluation. Graduates pursue careers in schools, institutions of higher education, research centers, and agencies that require the competencies developed through a Ph.D. course of study.
- University or college professor
- Government official
- School district leadership
- Educational consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminars in Selected Special Educational Topics
- Professional Seminar in Special Education
- Leadership Seminar in Special Education
- Issues, Trends and Futures in Special Education
- Legal and Political Issues in Special Education Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 182 other PhDs in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A letter of application that clearly articulates professional and research goals that are related to the focus of the Ph.D. degree program in Special Education;
- Three letters of recommendation – at least one from an individual familiar with the applicant's academic performance and potential for doctoral degree completion and at least one from an individual knowledgeable of the applicant's quality of work experience;
- Representative samples of scholarly writing, preferably in APA style, and/or other media samples related to professional study;
- A resume of professional preparation and experience (a minimum of two to three years of professional experience in special education, general education or other relevant field as a teacher, administrator or related service provider for children and adults with disabilities and/or giftedness is preferred);
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.