It is relatively new (established in 2005) and includes concentrations in Applied Math, Pure Math, Computational Math, and Statistics to serve students in many different areas of Mathematical Sciences .
The main part of the Ph.D. is the dissertation. The degree requirements at University of Nevada, Las Vegas also include: credit requirement, qualifying examination requirement, subject area breadth requirement.
The qualifying examination requirement and the subject area breadth requirement are tailored according to the area of concentration.
- Post-Bachelor’s – Pure Mathematics Track
- Post-Bachelor’s – Statistics Track
- Post-Bachelor’s – Computational Mathematics Track
- Post-Bachelor’s – Applied Mathematics Track
- Post-Master’s – Applied Mathematics Track
- Post-Master’s – Computational Mathematics Track
- Post-Master’s – Pure Mathematics Track
- Post-Master’s – Statistics Track
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical Solution Methods for Partial Differential Equations
- Advanced Ordinary Differential Equations
- Advanced Numerical Analysis
- Complex Function Theory
- Applied Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 36 other PhDs in Statistics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Copies of all official transcripts sent to the Graduate College.
- At least three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic record and potential for advanced study in mathematical sciences.
- The official GRE General Test score
- A completed application for Graduate Assistantship, if interested.
- A statement of purpose describing the aim in applying for graduate study, the particular area of specialization within the mathematical sciences (if known), and any additional information that may aid the selection committee in evaluating preparation and aptitude for graduate study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.