The program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas also offers the Ph.D. degree with major in the field of Nuclear Engineering. The Nuclear Engineering major track has the same admission and degree requirements as the Mechanical Engineering .
A Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering may not be necessary to work as a regular engineer. A master's might be sufficient for getting such a position, and after enough time, your experience may outweigh education. A Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering is most necessary for those positions in the field of mechanical engineering that will require the greatest knowledge; those positions are most likely to be encountered in academia and at the highest levels of engineering work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Radiation Heat Transfer
- Convective Heat Transfer
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Nuclear Criticality Safety Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 31 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The applicant must have a Master of Science in Engineering degree or equivalent with a major in mechanical engineering or a closely allied field.
- A minimum post-baccalaureate GPA of 3.30 (on a 4.00 scale) is required for graduates from accredited U.S. institutions. The Graduate College is responsible for international GPA interpretation.
- The applicant must have a bachelor's degree in engineering or a closely related discipline.
- A minimum GPA of 3.50 (on a 4.00 scale) is required for graduates from accredited U.S. institutions. The Graduate College is responsible for international GPA interpretation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.