- Perform or conduct and rehearse in an area of specialization at the highest level of professional practice.
- Demonstrate historical and theoretical knowledge supportive of the development of individualized interpretations within a full range of musical styles.
- Display a thorough understanding of the history of their instrument or conducting medium and a comprehensive knowledge of the repertoire and literature specific to the area of specialization.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of general bibliographical resources in music and research skills appropriate to the area of specialization, and the ability to present and defend the results of scholarly research.
- Show sufficient writing and speaking skills to give oral and written presentations of works for their medium which synthesize performance, historical, stylistic, analytical, and technological information.
- Employ advanced writing and speaking skills to communicate clearly and effectively to members of the scholarly and the wider communities.
- Demonstrate the ability to select appropriate literature for teaching and to articulate appropriate teaching strategies.
- Brass Track
- Piano Track
- String Track
- Woodwind Track
- Conducting (Wind Band) Track
- Conducting (Orchestra) Track
- Percussion Track
- Voice Track
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar: Special Topics
- The Operas of Verdi
- The Operas of Mozart
- Puccini and the Verismo
- American Opera Seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 24 other PhDs in Music in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An overall undergraduate GPA and master's GPA of at least 2.75 (or 3.00 in the last two years of undergraduate study).
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 in music.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.