Completion of this Public Policy degree at University of Nevada, Las Vegas will prepare students to conduct policy analysis, advocate for public policies and community-based solutions, or serve in decision-making positions. Its focus is to integrate what is known about the policy process into a set of skills and abilities so individuals can be competent actors in the policy arena.
Course delivery is very structured with courses offered in a very specific sequence on Friday and Saturdays over five semesters.
- Students should be able to identify and frame problems to be placed on the policy agenda.
- Students will develop the skills to conduct cost/benefit analysis and to write a fiscal note.
- Students should be able to articulate arguments for and against a policy proposal.
- Students should be able to develop action plans for the implementation of programs.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to develop a policy/program evaluation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Framework for Understanding Public Policy and Agenda Setting
- Developing Policy Alternatives
- Models of Policy Implementation
- Evaluation: Closing the Loop
- Problem Identification and Agendas
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 26 other PhDs in Political Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have at least a Masters degree.
- Students must submit three letters of reference
- Students must submit a resume and should have at least five years of professional work related experience
- An essay explaining student's interest in the degree and how they believe the degree will aid in their professional development. In addition, the letter must articulate a policy area that the student has a substantive interest in studying. The letter must accompany the application. (An interview will be required before a final admissions decision is made).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.