The Electrical Engineering - Mathematical Sciences program of study at University of Nevada, Las Vegas prepares graduate students with complementing educational components covering electrical engineering and mathematics, which is the basis of all engineering.
The culminating experience in the Ph.D. program in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is centered about developing new knowledge focused around a specific theme embodied in the form a well-written and orally defended dissertation. The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at UNLV offers a number of program options leading to the Ph.D. degree in the Field of Electrical Engineering. Specific major areas of study currently available include: Communications, Computer Engineering, Control System Theory, Electromagnetics and Optics, Electronics, Power Systems, Signal Processing, and Solid State Materials and Devices.
Graduates of the program will:
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge in electrical engineering field by successfully completing course work, by passing a qualifying exam and a comprehensive exam, and by integrating knowledge learned in this course work into a dissertation.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information both orally and in writing at an acceptable level of proficiency by completing a well written dissertation and presenting the work in their dissertations during an oral dissertation exam.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Communication Systems
- Wireless and Mobile Communication Systems
- Coding with Applications in Computers and Communication Media
- Advanced Analog IC Design
- Nonlinear Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 132 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must satisfy the minimum requirements of the Ph.D. – Electrical Engineering program, and the M.S. – Mathematics program. If denied by one program, the applicant will have the option of proceeding with a single degree program with departmental approval.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.