Successful completion of the course will equip the graduate to take a leading role in the development of research investigations into current and future problems of industrial and community concern within their area of expertise. The program will give candidates the skills and experience to act as independent researchers or group leaders for investigations of practical importance in their professional area over their professional life.
The On-campus Doctor of Engineering at Engineering Institute of Technology will run over three years (with 2 semesters per year). The first year consists of four academic coursework units and a research project proposal, which allows candidates to demonstrate their aptitude for research by undertaking a state-of-the-art literature review. This extends knowledge and skills attained in their undergraduate program and the four foundation doctoral units.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Practice and Key Research Methodology
- Technology Evaluation and Intellectual Property
- Applied Mathematical Modelling and Simulation
- Data Acquisition
- Research Project Proposal
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You must submit your application at least six weeks before the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 15 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Course Code: 102709C
BE Honours, Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) with minimum Second-Class Honours Division A (H2A). OR
- An appropriate and relevant Master’s degree from EIT or other recognized tertiary institution. OR
- Satisfying the Dean (or delegate) of their fitness to undertake further advanced work. This would be established by:
- a)Relevant four-year undergraduate qualification from a recognized institution. AND
- b)Submission of a resume demonstrating, at least five years of professional practice in a relevant field with the ability to demonstrate, or be in a position to produce their own substantial, original professional contributions in the relevant engineering field and/or published research work. AND
- c) A minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band score less than 6.0
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 66000 AUD for the full programme during 36 months.
National12000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36000 AUD for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.