Nutrition and Metabolism from Rovira i Virgili University introduces you to one of the pillars of health and development, and optimal nutrition is one of the main challenges of the twenty-first century. The exponential growth of the food market and public concern about health have led to major investments in this sector by the food and biochemical industries, governments, health sectors, universities and research centres.
In general, graduates of this doctoral programme will be able to work in the food, biotechnology and health sectors. Specifically, graduates will be able to work in the food and biochemical industries, the health sector, government organisations, organisations involved in food and health legislation, universities and research centres.
Within these areas, they may hold positions of responsibility that involve the management of research projects (research and development in the case of companies), quality control and innovation. They may also lead research related to public health, form part of consultancy firms, or enter the teaching profession.
- Training in dissemination and publication of research results
- Training in mobility and scientific exchange
- Specific training courses
- Research seminars
- Doctoral seminar on molecular nutrition
Blay Olivé, Luis Masana Marín, Rosa Maria Solà Alberich, Ana Maria Ardèvol Grau, Anna Arola Arnal, Antonio Ramón Romeu Figuerola, Gerard Pujadas Anguiano, Joan Domènech, Fernández Ballart, Jorge Salas Salvadó, Josep Ribalta Vives, Juan Bautista Fernández Larrea, Luis Maria Arola Ferrer , Maria Begoña Muguerza Marquínez , Maria Cinta Bladé Segarra,
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesBiology Nutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 6 other PhDs in Biology in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
- The first degree should be in biochemistry, biotechnology, biology, chemistry, nutrition and dietetics, science and food technology, medicine, biomedical sciences, genetics or another field of biosciences, life sciences or health sciences related to nutrition and metabolism. The master's degree should be also related with the field of biosciences, life sciences or health sciences related to nutrition and metabolism.
- Proof of basic English.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.