About the programme
The Business and Management programme of the Queen Mary University of London attracts students from around the world who benefit from the School's expertise, energetic research culture and excellent work facilities. As the School of Business and Management, we are committed to the provision of equality of opportunity for all students, PhD researchers and staff. PhD Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee is open to all PhD researchers and aims to help improve the diverse and inclusive nature of our PhD programme by offering an open platform of discussion to identify areas of progressive action.
Our taught programme introduces different methodological approaches in social science research and equips our first year PhD researchers with a wide range of knowledge and skills needed to complete their independent doctoral study. This programme is interdepartmental, involving departments from other Queen Mary and University of London faculties. We also encourage our PhD researchers to attend a range of social science research workshops and training sessions offered the London Interdisciplinary Social Science (LISS) Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP), which we are part of.
At Queen Mary, you will work with two supervisors who together will provide you with clear guidance and support throughout your studies. Over the years you can expect to form a close working relationship with your supervisors, meeting regularly during your time with the School. They will also closely advise and prepare you for the formal progression meeting that takes place after 9-12 months of research.
- Behavioural Finance Working Group (BFWG)
- Accounting & Accountability Research Group (AARG)
- Centre for Globalisation Research (CGR)
- Centre for Research in Equality and Diversity (CRED)
- Centre on Labour and Global Production (CLGP)
- Marketing Interactions & Consumer Behaviour Group (MICBG)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing Management Studies View 14 other PhDs in Marketing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply you will normally have a first degree with first class honours (or equivalent) and a masters degree at distinction level, in business/management or a discipline related to your research topic. We do not normally accept an MBA.
- Relevant experience is also taken into account.
- Applicants are required to have an IELTS overall score of 7, 6.0 in Writing and 5.5 in all other sections at the time of application. In some circumstances the requirement will be applied flexibly and applicants will be assessed on a case by case basis. For example if an applicant has performed to distinction level in a dissertation although they have a grade below that specified above or if an applicant has an excellent proposal and relevant work experience for a considerable period of time.
International11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4327 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4327 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.