About the programme
Whether you are looking to start your academic career or want to develop your skills and expertise for a career in industry, studying in the Computer Science programme of the Queen Mary University of London will allow you to engage your passion for your subject, deepen your knoweldge and push you to reach your potential.
The research is broadly organised into the following research groups:
- Antennas & Electromagnetics
- Centre for Digital Music
- Cognitive Science
- Communication Systems Research
- Computer Vision
- Game AI
- Interactive and Cognitive Environments
- Multimedia & Vision
- Operational Research
- Risk and Information Management
- Theoretical Computer Science
Staff and students in this School also have the opportunity to work in these three interdisciplinary research centres:
- Centre for Intelligent Sensing
- Robotics - ARQ
- Smartphone audio-visual sensing networks
- CogniHome — A Connected Smarter Home for Healthier Lives
- The Interaction Design of complex Multi-search Interface Components
- Tactile intelligence for smart and soft robots
- Probabilistic learning of musical syntax
- Soft haptics - embedding interactive sense of touch in soft materials
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 24 other PhDs in Informatics & Information Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Before you apply you will need to have made a decision regarding which of our research groups you think would be the best fit for your area/s of interest.
- Your research group will be a key part of your research degree experience, so we recommend you carefully consider this decision and mention on your application which research group you are interested in joining.
- Once you have applied your application will be reviewed by academic staff. If there is a good match between your interests and those of a member of staff and a research group, we will contact you for an interview.
International26950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26950 GBP per year during 36 months.
- For national students: to be determined
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.