Our academic staff are passionate about key questions affecting modern economies such as: What are the drivers of firms’ profitability and growth? Why do multinational corporations report huge profits yet pay very low taxes? Is there a link between firms’ profits and share prices? In addressing such questions, we link theory, practice and research evidence to provide you with a deep understanding of the direction of global developments which will affect your future careers
Why Study Accounting, Banking and Finance at the Bangor University?
- We are very proud of the teaching and learning environment at Bangor Business School. We have invested heavily in teaching innovation, technological support, pastoral care and the student experience. Our strong performance on the global stage is testament to our commitment to providing a challenging and rigorous experience for all our students. Our postgraduate programmes in Accounting, Banking and Finance deliver highly valued knowledge and transferable skills which prepare you for a very wide range of potential careers.
- You are exposed to a range of Accounting and Finance tools and techniques along with a rigorous academic foundation. We offer a range of alternative summer projects within the taught programmes, which provides the potential for you to tailor your dissertation work towards your specific career aims. The skills developed within these programmes are immediately applicable when you resume your career path.
Accounting and Finance with specialisations in:
- Impression Management
- Corporate Narrative Reporting
- Corporate social and environmental reporting
- Organisational Legitimacy
- International Financial Reporting
- Earnings quality
- Accounting Policy choice
- Earnings Management
- International Cross listings
- Accounting History
- Asset Pricing
- Monetary Policy
Banking with specialisations in:
- Credit risk and credit ratings
- Market Microstructure
- Investment Management
- Depositary Institutions
- Appropriation of computer technology
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- International Banking
- Banking and Development
- Financial Exclusion
- Emerging Markets
- European Sovereign Debt Crisis
Economics with specialisations in:
- Financial Economics
- Development Economics
- Game Theory
- Political Economy
- Behavioural Economics
- Macroeconomic Modelling
- Public economics
- International Trade
- Banking Markets.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 27 other PhDs in Accounting in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For PhD: Master's degree in a relevant subject. Normally, a distinction in your Masters Degree is a requirement.
For MPhil: First or upper-second class degree in a relevant subject, such as economics, finance, accounting, business or management.
If your native language is not English, you must provide satisfactory evidence that you have an adequate knowledge and understanding of written and spoken English:
- IELTS: 7.0 (with no individual score lower than 6.5)
- Pearson PTE: 67 (with no individual score lower than 62)
- Cambridge English Test – Advanced/Proficiency: 185 (with no individual score lower than 176).
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Up to £12,000
- Bangladesh; Cameroon; Colombia; Egypt; Ghana; Nigeria; Pakistan; Thailand; Turkey; Vietnam
- Full fee waiver & monthly stipend
Bangor International Scholarships
- Up to £4,000
- All countries
Alumni/Existing Students/Family Discount
- £1,000 in addition to the Bangor International Scholarship
- All countries
China Scholarship Council
- Full tuition fee waiver
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.