Why apply for the MRes/PhD programme in Queen Mary's School of Economics and Finance?
- During the Economics or Finance programme of the Queen Mary University of London the breadth and depth of our expertise enables us to offer courses and supervision in virtually all major areas of economics and finance.
- The School has around 40 research-active staff working in a wide range of research areas, including macroeconomics, microeconomic theory and game theory, applied microeconomics, econometric theory, time series analysis, theoretical and empirical finance, and financial econometrics.
- Prestigious 1+3 year Economic and Social Research Council fellowships covering MRes and PhD studies are available to EU citizens (see the ESRC website for full eligibility details) through the London Interdisciplinary Social Science DTP (LISS DTP) in collaboration with Kings College London and Imperial College London.
- PhD students are entitled to a yearly research allowance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch Subjects:
- Applied economics
- Economic theory
- Financial econometrics
- Financial derivatives
- Asset pricing
- International finance
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 42 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students must complete the MRes Programme before they can progress on to the PhD.There are two MRes options:
- Masters of Research in Economics (2 years)
- Masters of Research in Finance (2 years)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.