The mission of the Nursing Practice program of Drexel University is to prepare individuals to assume leadership roles as executives or practitioners and to apply evidence-based practice to improve individual, family, and community health outcomes.
Nurses who graduate from Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Drexel University are well-equipped to fully implement the science developed by nurse researchers in PhD, DNSc, and other research-focused nursing doctorates.
Upon graduation, you will be able to:
- Evaluate patient care delivery approaches to meet the current and anticipated needs of patient populations based on outcomes and scientific findings
- Translate research into clinical practice and policy to improve care and outcomes
- Use advanced communication skills - to lead quality improvement and patient safety
- Use principles of business, finance, economics, and health policy to develop and implement plans to improve the quality of healthcare delivery
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity in patients and providers
- Evaluate effective strategies for the management of ethical dilemmas that can occur in the course of healthcare delivery
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Policy and Economics
- Applied Epidemiology
- Scientific Foundation of Nursing Knowledge Development
- Quantitative Methods in Clinical Nursing
- Health Information Technology and Information Systems
- Leadership in Organizations and Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 33 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Master's Degree in one of the following: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Master’s Degree in Health-Related Field, Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- If your Master's degree is not in Nursing, a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is also required
- A graduate-level Research Methods course (grade B or higher)
- Current United States licensure as a registered nurse
- A completed application
- Current U.S. Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure
- Advanced practice nursing licensure and certification documents
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who hold a graduate degree (doctoral prepared highly preferred). Sources may be from academic, employer, or professional colleagues and attest to academic ability and professional competency.
International1041 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1041 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1041 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1041 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.